I do hope that January has been splendid for all of you? Here is an update on the year so far for Diva Gigs and Sarah-Ann Cromwell:
I have many identities: Sarah-Ann Opera Singer, Diva, Fiancee, Auntie, Friend, Leadership coach, Teacher, Lecturer and Plate Spinner Supreme! This year is full of wonderful opportunities, fabulous people and for many of my Kickstarter pledgers, babies!…who could ask for more? Well? How about some Diva dates for your diary, including not one but TWO midlands Diva Gigs!!! A week in the Life of a Diva and a brand new Diva Gigs: An Operatic chortle at dating in the UK today with Tenor Lawrence Olsworth-Peter and Pianist Ed Bussey:
The Edinburgh Fringe Diva Gigs comes home to Birmingham:
- Sunday 27th April 2014
- Diva Gigs: A Week in the Life of a Diva!
- Midland Arts Centre, mac birmingham Cannon Hill Park Birmingham B12 9QH, £6-£7
- Thursday February 6th 2014
- Paul L Martin’s Cheese ‘n’ Crackers 7:30pm Battersea Barge London £7.50
- Saturday 15th March 2014 Concert Ingestre
- NEW: Diva/Divo: An Operatic chortle at dating in the UK today! Sarah-Ann Cromwell (Diva Gigs) and Lawrence Olsworth-Peter (Aeneas/Dido&Aeneas 2013)
- Box office TBC
And for those of you who like a bit of the serious stuff:
- Saturday 8th March 2014 7:30pm
- Magnificat, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, Gloria, Antonio Vivaldi, St Lawrence’s Church, Ludlow, 7:30pm, Ludlow Choral Society. £15 & £10.
This next one I am very excited about! Not only does it show case the finest operatic soloists in Birmingham, but (I am also honored to say), I will be singing with my buddies!:
- Wendy Dawn-Thompson: New Zealand’s 2005 Cardiff Singer of the World
- Mitesh Khatri: Grange Park Opera and Longborough Festival Opera
- Byron Jackson: Welsh National Opera
- Saturday 5th April 2014 7:30pm
- Seven Last Words of our Saviour on the Cross, Haydn, Missa Brevis, Kodaly. Elgar Concert Hall, B15 2TT, Birmingham, 7:30pm, Birmingham Festival Choral Society.
In between will be the usual rehearsal, marketing, poster creating, box office manning, teaching, coaching and the addition: cooing at new-borns! What more could a Diva possibly ask for?!
Thanks for reading, thank you for believing in #divagigs and have a simply marvelous 2014
Hope to see you soon!!
Sarah-Ann: Diva x